Shishim is offering something new for 2023! Beginning on Tuesday, January 24 from 1:30 to 2:30 pm, a workshop series will be launched for seniors to increase their skill on all the personal electronic devices we are increasingly reliant on. Every fourth Tuesday afternoon in the temple library, Chase Barney, a digital coach at Columbus Jewish Family Services, will lead participants in workshops covering a variety of topics such as:
• Downloading applications (Apple App Store, Google Play Store)
• Username, password, & general user account management (Apple ID, Google, etc.)
• Smartphone storage; cloud vs local storage; saving files to devices, flash drives, or the cloud
• Setting up notifications & reminders; calendar management
• Understanding mobile data and Wi-Fi internet
• General computer and smartphone aptitude (typing, using a browser, search engines, scanning QR codes, etc.)
• Transportation methods such as Lyft / Uber or the COTA APP
• Virtual grocery shopping and food through apps (Doordash, Uber eats etc.)
• Security considerations for electronic devices
This list is not exhaustive. Other topics suggested by participants will be pursued. This senior technology instruction is made possible by a grant that Jewish Family Services received from the Ohio Department of Aging and is providing onsite at the temple.
Those tech savvy Shishimers interested in serving as teaching assistants are eagerly invited to help other congregants gain confidence with their one-on-one, step-by-step guidance. Please come out for this debut workshop for Congregation Beth Tikvah!